BIOMIN World Mycotoxin Survey Q3 2018
This conclusion emerged from
- more than 59069 analyses
- conducted on 13629 finished feed and raw commodity samples
- sourced from 77 countries
- from January to September 2018.
- Out of all samples tested worldwide from January until the end of September 2018, 90% were contaminated with at least one mycotoxin.
- Asian area shows a high risk in regards of fumonisins, deoxynivalenol and zearalenone.
- North and South America registered high risk, especially in regards of deoxynivalenol and fumonisins.
- In Europe, deoxynivalenol is the most prevalent Mycotoxin.
- Co-contamination occurs frequently. 70% of all samples (analysed for at least two mycotoxins) contained more than one mycotoxin.
- More than 450 samples have been analysed with the Spectrum 380 method. The results show a high prevalence of emerging mycotoxins in corn and wheat. The emerging mycotoxin Moniliformin was even present in all corn samples.